Digital Marketing Defined
Digital marketing is defined as promoting of brands or products and services using multiple forms of digital advertising, like a brand’s website, email, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, mobile devices, blogs, games, apps and other lead generation tools.
In order for any organization to create an effective digital brand presence using these devices, the first step is to create a digital strategy.
A digital strategy answers the fundamental questions of who an organization will engage andhow. Implementing a digital strategy puts a public face on an organization, thereby increasing outreach capabilities and raising an organization’s public profile.
The Business Case for Digital
As statistics reveal, performing well in digital is critical to healthcare organizations:
- 72% of people use the Internet to find health information and services. (Pew, 2012)
- Half of online health information research is on behalf of someone else. (Pew, 2012)
- One in five internet users have consulted online reviews and rankings of health care service providers and treatments. (Pew, 2012)
- Caregivers are more likely than other internet users to take part in a wide range of health-related activities online. (Pew, 2012)
- 42% of people living with a disability have looked online for health information. (Pew, 2012)